- This event has passed.
Out With the Old, In With the New!
September 23, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Out With the Old, In With the New 2019 and 2020 Family Law Case, Legislation and Rules Update
An immersion course in the latest in case law, rules, legislation, and how technology, triage and pragmatism are transforming family court in the age of COVID-19.
September 23, 2020 from 1-4:15PM. Registration is required.
Please join Kathleen McCarthy, event Chairperson, at this virtual event.
Kathleen will be speaking about Property from 10:30 – 10:50am. Topics will include:
- Community liens and disclaimer deeds (Femiano)
- Annulment and its effect on community assets/debt (Hammett)
- Koelsch issues in the 21st century (Quijada, Delintt, and Barron)
- Whether court-ordered co-tenancy is alive and kicking (Dole)
Kathleen will then speak about Spousal Maintenance from 11:00 – 11:20am. Topics will include:
- Post mortem spousal maintenance (Garlin)
- Life insurance as security issues
- How COVID-19 has affected financial affidavits
Kathleen will join Keith Berkshire to talk about Technology; Maximizing (or even eliminating) Court Time from 11:40am – 12:15pm. Topics will include:
- How to optimize your scare court time
- How to bypass or eliminate court hearings altogether
- Limited issue trials, arbitration, mediation (pros and cons)
Panel discussions will follow each event.
Full event details and registration here.
Please note this Agenda is aspirational only – the actual time may vary depending on audience interest and discussion after each subset. Each topic will include presentation by Judge Sakall on the relevant ARFLP changes.