- This event has passed.
The Fourth Annual Family Law Immersion Course
August 25, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 4:15 pm
Out With the Old, In With the New: The Fourth Annual Family Law Immersion Course
This year, the appellate courts have shown an unusual willingness to question the “old” way of thinking. Join the Honorable Greg Sakall, the Honorable Bruce Cohen and attorneys Keith Berkshire and Kathleen McCarthy for a deep dive into the adventure with a three-hour interactive and intensive seminar.
It will be jam packed with the latest in analysis, insight, practical tips, and suggestions for innovative approaches featuring:
- Decision making and parenting time presumptions after Smith and Gunter.
- Evidentiary sanctions and specific therapeutic treatment orders in parenting cases (Kelly and Jorgenson).
- Jurisdictional issues (Greenbank, Hubert and Margain).
- The domestic violence presumption and legal decision making (Olesen).
- Substantial change of circumstances standards (Backstrand).
- Paternity presumptions after McQuillen, Johnson, Cox-Ponce and Doherty.
- Expanded community property rights, including accrued vacation pay and business valuation issues (Andrews, Meister, Larchik).
- The scary world of appeals in the aftermath of Yee and Blos/Hopkins.
- Legislative and Rule changes including SB1383 (the kitchen sink), HB2604 (OOPS) and SB1653 (harassment).
- And so much more, including agreement drafting tips, updates on Femiano and Saba; and the ever changing world of Rule 69 Agreements (Ertl).
Chair: Kathleen McCarthy, The McCarthy Law Firm (Also presenting as a Panelist)
Faculty: Honorable Bruce R. Cohen, Maricopa County Superior Court, Family Court Presiding Judge; Honorable Greg Sakall, Pima County Superior Court; Keith Berkshire, Berkshire Law Office PLLC
CLE: May include up to 3 MCLE credit hours; may include up to 3 Family Law Specialization Hours* (*Credit may be approved in AZ and CA only)