Kayt’s Kids Corner
Kayt has been with The McCarthy Law Firm since 2011, her law clerk days, and has been practicing law since December of 2013. Her emphasis is business valuation and other complex financial matters related to family law cases. Kayt has a young son and is always interested in the intersections between parenting, being a working parent, and family law. She hopes you enjoy and find this Kids Corner information useful!
Has your morning battle shifted from “keep your T-shirt on” to “keep your mask on”? Check this out for some helpful tips on how to keep a mask on a toddler. When your child will barely keep their clothes on, how do you encourage mask wearing? There are lots of great resources out there with tips on how! Here are some of those tips:
- As the parent, wear a mask so that your child doesn’t feel alone.
- While wearing masks, look in the mirror and talk about it.
- Put a mask on a favorite stuffed animal and keep it nearby.
- Decorate the surgical mask so it’s more personalized and fun (make it a fun craft time!).
- Show your child pictures of other children wearing masks.
- Draw a mask on her favorite book character and incorporate that into the story.
Check out the following resources for more tips and tricks for keeping your kid’s mask on: